- Brown scapular from Our Lady Mount Carmel
- One of most celebrated
- Good Confirmation or RCIA gift
The brown scapular was originally a frock-like working garment worn by members of the Benedictine order, but after many modifications, it has evolved into a devotional article of the 21st century! Once a long, shoulder-length piece of material worn over the head like an apron, the scapular now consists of two pieces of cloth on either end adjoined by strings in between.
While there are many forms of scapulars, the brown scapular of Our Lady of Mount Carmel is one of the most celebrated. The brown scapular features two small squares of cloth measuring 1-1/2 by 1-3/4" each on either end of this double-strung scapular. On one end is the lighter brown colored image of Our Lady of Mount Carmel along with the words "Pray for Us", and on the other end is a light brown image of St. Simon Stock with the phrase "Pray for Us". Felt covers the back of both squares to create a long lasting scapular comfortable enough to be worn all day, every day. Two brown cord-like strings hold the cloth squares together, and each string measures 24" long.
Pious legend tells us that in the thirteenth century St. Simon Stock, a Carmelite, approached Mary with a special request. Upon granting his request she appeared to him, brown leather scapular in hand, and to all children of Carmel.
This brown cloth scapular is a great gift for Catholics who wish to affirm their faith each day with a devotional article. New Confirmands, RCIA participants, bible study members, and lay people alike will appreciate the light weight, refreshing look of the brown scapular. An excellent gift idea for Confirmation or RCIA classes, so see our customer service department about quantity discounts at 1-800-652-9767 or email@example.com!
Dimensions & Specifications
- Brown " Our Lady of Mount Carmel" scapular
- Double strung
- 24" long
- No known safety hazards if used as indicated
- Choose shipping method to fit your needs, Standard if you have no deadline, Expedited to meet deadlines or 3 Day Select.
- St. Patrick's Guild offers Air shipping if orders are placed by 9:00am CST. Choose Next Day or 2nd Day Air
What is your Return & Exchange Policy?
- Within 90 days of purchase date, your product may be returned to St. Patrick's Guild with a receipt for exchange or refund. Items returned for refund are paid back by the same method of payment which you originally used. Items returned without a receipt are credited with store credit. We do not require a return authorization number to process returns.
- To send us a return, simply choose your favorite shipping option. Please enclose a copy of your receipt, the reason for return, and the best phone number or email address at which we can reach you. Once received, your refund is processed immediately.