Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Brown Scapular
- Participate in a Benedictine Order tradition
- Features 2 small squares of cloth in plastic
- Meaningful gift for all Catholics
Long ago members of the Benedictine order wore the scapular as a garment, a frock-like working habit placed over the head like an apron. Made of long, shoulder-length piece of material, the scapular was a symbol of everlasting faith. The scapular has evolved over time, undergoing many modifications, and today the white scapular is a devotional article worn by anyone with a strong faith in Jesus Christ.
While there are many forms of scapulars, the brown scapular of Our Lady of Mount Carmel is one of the most celebrated. This scapular features two small squares of cloth encased in plastic on either end of this double-strung brown scapular. One one end is the image of Our Lady of Mount Carmel along with the words “Pray for Us.” This image appears on a cloth square measuring 1 1/4 X 2 inches, while the other end features a similarly sized piece of cloth depicting St. Simon Stock with the phrase “Pray for Us.” Two brown strings hold the cloth squares together, and each string measures 16 inches long.
Pious legend tells us that in the thirteenth century St. Simon Stock, a Carmelite, approached Mary with a special request. Upon granting his request she appeared to him, brown scapular in hand, and said, "Here is the privilege I grant you and to all the children of Carmel. Whoever dies clothed in this habit shall be saved."
This brown scapular is a great gift for Catholics who wish to affirm their faith each day with a devotional article. New Confirmants, RCIA participants, bible study members, and lay people alike will appreciate the light-weight, refreshing look of the brown scapular. An excellent gift idea for Confirmation or RCIA classes, so see our customer service department about quantity discounts at 1-800-652-9767 or email@example.com!
Dimensions & Specifications
- Brown Scapular
- Our Lady of Mount Carmel & St. Simon Stock design
- Cloth square measures 1-1/4” x 2”
- 16” long strings
- No known safety hazards
- Choose shipping method to fit your needs, Standard if you have no deadline, Expedited to meet deadlines or 3 Day Select.
- Patrick's Guild offers Air shipping if orders are placed by 9:00am CST. Choose Next Day or 2ndDay Air
What is your Return & Exchange Policy?
- Within 90 days of purchase date, your product may be returned to St. Patrick's Guild with a receipt for exchange or refund. Items returned for refund are paid back by the same method of payment which you originally used. Items returned without a receipt are credited with store credit. We do not require a return authorization number to process returns.
- To send us a return, simply choose your favorite shipping option. Please enclose a copy of your receipt, the reason for return, and the best phone number or email address at which we can reach you. Once received, your refund is processed immediately.