Zampognaro Shepherd With Bagpipe Demdaco
- Willow Tree® shepherd figure for Nativity scene
- Unique design with bagpipe
- Features DEMDACO fine quality
This exquisite statue by Willow Tree® artist Susan Lordi is from DEMDACO featuring a shepherd holding a bagpipe with a little sheep standing close by. The Italian bagpipe is called a "zampogna" and artist Susan Lordi says of this statue that she "loves the idea of bringing music to the Nativity" and wanted to do so with a shepherd's traditional instrument. Hand-painted in the muted grey and beige colors and with the featureless face for which Willow Tree® is noted, the shepherd figure stands 9" high with the only brighter touch of color found on the bagpipe the shepherd is holding.
Each statue from DEMDACO in the Willow Tree® collection has a verse which gives a message to the statue and the verse for this shepherd is "A shepherd's gift a joyous melody proclaiming the news" which indicates this shepherd playing the bagpipe to tell the story of the birth of Jesus. In modern day Italy, the zampognaro uses the zampogna to play the Novena for 9 days as a celebration and announcement of the birth of Christ. This shepherd with the traditional shepherd's bagpipe will be lovely displayed on its own all year round or it can be placed in your existing Nativity scene to add a unique and distinctive figure to your crèche as the shepherd brings music to the newborn child. The shepherd figure comes gift boxed.
Dimensions & Specifications
- Shepherd With Bagpipe
- Willow Tree® figurine by artist Susan Lordi from DEMDACO
- Made of resin from original sculpture by Susan Lordi
- 9" Tall
- Gift Boxed
- Choose shipping method to fit your needs, Standard if you have no deadline, Expedited to meet deadlines or 3 Day Express.
- St. Patrick's Guild offers Air shipping if orders are placed by 9:00am CST. Choose Next Day or 2nd Day Air
What is your Return & Exchange Policy?
- Within 90 days of purchase date, your product may be returned to St. Patrick's Guild with a receipt for exchange or refund. Items returned for refund are paid back by the same method of payment which you originally used. Items returned without a receipt are credited with store credit. We do not require a return authorization number to process returns.
- To send us a return, simply choose your favorite shipping option. Please enclose a copy of your receipt, the reason for return, and the best phone number or email address at which we can reach you. Once received, your refund is processed immediately.