Wild Hope: Stories for Lent from the Vanishing
- Breaks open your heart for a new future
- Features 25 stories with endangered animals
- Compassion inducing book
Author Gayle Boss and illustrator David G. Klein team up in Wild Hope: Stories for Lent from the Vanishing. Measuring 7”W x 8”H, this 96 page paperback packs a big punch. Boss writes 25 stories from vanishing species point of view that include: pangolins, polar bears, olms, lemurs, and leopards. Wonder and grief emerge as her vivid descriptions of the lives of vanishing animals unfold on the page. Choices by humans are creating a destiny where they will disappear from view and no longer contribute to the balance of life on planet earth. Boss intends to break our hearts open so that we awake to greater compassion. While she does not directly refer to or include Christianity, Jesus or other familiar Lenten themes in Wild Hope, the stories thaw frozen in fear or despair heart to awaken in compassion.
Lent means, “springtime” and embodies what Boss’ mission is for this book. Thus, lent is used in the title. Wild Hope maintains that if we are willing to get real, listen to what animals are actually experiencing, something new will rise. Creativity explodes in difficult chaos and our planet is in such a time. We share this planet and Gayle Boss is reminding us that we need all sentient beings to be respected whether they have 4 legs, wings, scales, etc. Pick up and share Wild Hope today so that earth’s new awakening in the unfolding of human compassion can begin today.
Dimensions & Specifications
- 7”W x 8”H
- 96 pages
- By Gayle Boss author of “All Creation Waits”
- No known safety hazards if used as indicated
- Choose shipping method to fit your needs, Standard if you have no deadline, Expedited to meet deadlines or 3 Day Select.
- St. Patrick's Guild offers Air shipping if orders are placed by 9:00am CST. Choose Next Day or 2nd Day Air
What is your Return & Exchange Policy?
- Within 90 days of purchase date, your product may be returned to St. Patrick's Guild with a receipt for exchange or refund. Items returned for refund are paid back by the same method of payment which you originally used. Items returned without a receipt are credited with store credit. We do not require a return authorization number to process returns.
- To send us a return, simply choose your favorite shipping option. Please enclose a copy of your receipt, the reason for return, and the best phone number or email address at which we can reach you. Once received, your refund is processed immediately.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This book has breathtaking illustrations and the text is evocative--you feel the animal's life, and also a challenge. Gayle Boss is putting some painful realities in front of us, ones we must face. Well done, Gayle!