A Novel: Theophilos
- Learn who St. Luke addressed his Gospel to: Theophilos
- Beautiful fictional narrative
- Be a part of Theophios’s world: nations and empires at war
Theophilos is a fictional narrative about the man who St. Luke addressed his Gospel and the Acts of the Apostles to. Who was Theophilos? Scripture scholars do not know, making him a fit subject for Michael O'Brien's vivid imagination in this riveting book, Theophilos. Theophilos is the skeptical but beloved adoptive father of St. Luke. Challenged by the startling account of the "Christos" received in the chronicle from his beloved son Luke, Theophios is concerned for the newly zealous young man's fate, Theophilos, a Greek physician and an agnostic, embarks on a search for Luke to bring him home. He is gravely concerned about the deadly illusions Luke has succumbed to regarding the incredible stories surrounding Jesus of Nazareth, a man of contradictions who has caused so much controversy throughout the Roman Empire.
Thus begins a long journey that will take Theophilos deep into the war between nations and empires, truth, and myth, good and evil, and into unexpected dimensions of his very self. His quest takes the reader into four ancient civilizations where he meets those who knew this man that some believe is the Messiah. Though Theophilos is a man of the past ages, he is as familiar to us as the men of our own times. Schooled in the empiricism of both medicine and philosophy, Theophilos is well suited to speak to our age. Theophilos shows how “seeing” cannot be the basis for faith, but rather hearing the witness of those who have been touched by God and opening ourselves to the possibility of an encounter with the living Christ. This is a story about the mysterious interaction of faith and reason, the psychology of perception, and the power of love over death.
Dimensions & Specifications
- Measures 5.3”W x 7.9”H
- 445 pages
- Author is Michael D. O’Brien
- No known safety hazards at this time
- Choose shipping method to fit your needs, Standard if you have no deadline, Expedited to meet deadlines or 3 Day Express.
- Patrick's Guild offers Air shipping if orders are placed by 9:00am CST. Choose Next Day or 2nd Day Air
What is your Return & Exchange Policy?
- Within 90 days of purchase date, your product may be returned to St. Patrick's Guild with a receipt for exchange or refund. Items returned for refund are paid back by the same method of payment which you originally used. Items returned without a receipt are credited with store credit. We do not require a return authorization number to process returns.
- To send us a return, simply choose your favorite shipping option. Please enclose a copy of your receipt, the reason for return, and the best phone number or email address at which we can reach you. Once received, your refund is processed immediately.