A Novel: The Eighth Arrow
- The Adventures of Odysseus & The Underworld
- Exciting jailbreak story
- Discover Greek Mythology characters
The Eighth Arrow is a thoroughly entertaining jailbreak story. Condemned to burn in the eighth circle of Dante's Hell, Odysseus, legendary thief and liar of Homer's Odyssey and Iliad, decides he is going to break out. In The Eighth Arrow, his adventure begins with a prayer to Athena Parthenos, who appears to him bearing gifts: his armor, his famous bow, a mysterious leather pouch, and seven unusual arrows. After she sends them on the quest through the Underworld along with Diomedes, The Eighth Arrow continues with his friend from the Trojan War who had been sharing in his eternal punishment. To complete their escape, the goddess warns them, they must recover their squandered honor and learn to use "the eighth arrow".
The Eighth Arrow is exciting, humorous, and edifying. Being an action-packed epic, The Eighth Arrow follows Odysseus and Diomedes as they journey through all the circles of Dante's Hell, where they encounter various characters from Greek mythology and ancient history. In addition, The Eighth Arrow touches Renaissance literature including Helen of Troy, Cerberus, Penelope, Homer, Harpies, Centaurs, and eventually Satan himself. With witty banter and wily stratagems, the two Greek warriors fight their way through the obstacles that stand between them and redemption which is what makes The Eighth Arrow a worthy read. The Eighth Arrow is also gently educational, and as such it can be read as a guide or a companion to Dante's Inferno and the works of Homer.
Dimensions & Specifications
- Measures 6”W x 8.9”H
- 347 pages
- Author is J. Augustine Wetta, OSB
- No known safety hazards at this time
- Choose shipping method to fit your needs, Standard if you have no deadline, Expedited to meet deadlines or 3 Day Express.
- Patrick's Guild offers Air shipping if orders are placed by 9:00am CST. Choose Next Day or 2nd Day Air
What is your Return & Exchange Policy?
- Within 90 days of purchase date, your product may be returned to St. Patrick's Guild with a receipt for exchange or refund. Items returned for refund are paid back by the same method of payment which you originally used. Items returned without a receipt are credited with store credit. We do not require a return authorization number to process returns.
- To send us a return, simply choose your favorite shipping option. Please enclose a copy of your receipt, the reason for return, and the best phone number or email address at which we can reach you. Once received, your refund is processed immediately.