- The Turtle Priest
- Author Fr. Shane Wasinger
- Finding God in your heart not just in head
- For anyone trying to find God and/or dealing with alcoholism
The Turtle Priest: A Transformation from Head to Heart by Fr. Shane Wasinger is a truly inspirational story of his journey through loneliness, alcoholism and questions about his faith and his call to be a priest to finding the redemptive power of the love of God. Fr. Wasinger is open and candid about the problems he encountered as he journeyed to find God. His family did not talk about their feelings so he experienced a sense of aloneness that affected his relationships through most of his life. He developed a problem with alcohol which led to acute pancreatitis that nearly killed him. Throughout his journey, he questioned his call to be a priest, attending three different seminaries before becoming ordained.
The Turtle Priest looks at how to come to know God, not to know about God, and how this relationship can be acquired through suffering. Fr. Wasinger was ordained at the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis. He served parishes in North Branch and Rush City, Minnesota. The reference to the turtle comes from the quote by Eileen Anglin which reads in part “The Turtle's teachings are so beautiful. It teaches us that everything you are, everything you need and everything you bring to the world is inside you”. The book is an honest, candid look at Fr. Wasinger’s struggles in finding the redemptive power of God’s love in the transformation of his life.
Dimensions & Specifications
- The Turtle Priest A Transformation from Head to Heart
- Author Fr. Shane Wasinger
- 155 pages
- No known safety hazards at this time
- Choose Store Pick up, Standard (if no deadline), Expedited (to meet deadlines) or 3 Day Select to meet your shipping needs
- St. Patrick’s Guild offers Air shipping if orders are placed by 9:00am CST. Choose Next Day or 2nd Day Air
What is your Return & Exchange policy?
- Within 90 days of purchase date, your product may be returned to St. Patrick’s Guild with a receipt for exchange or refund. Items returned for refund are paid back by the same method of payment which you originally used. Items returned without a receipt are credited with store credit. We do not require a return authorization number to process returns.
- To send us a return, simply choose your favorite shipping option. Please enclose a copy of your receipt, the reason for return, and the best phone number or email address at which we can reach you. Once received, your refund is processed immediately.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The Turtle Priest is a powerful memoir of one's priest's spiritual transformation as he confronts issues in his upbringing, education -both secular and seminary- health and ministry, all contextualized by gradually increasing insights into his own addiction. Writing with a bracing excused, confronted and ultimately integrated into a healthier self-awareness and life. What could have been a tragic story of gradual self-destruction is redeemed by the author's testimony of how God has been working with him throughout his life by means of mentors, friends, parishioners and spiritual guides. Recommended reading not only for seminarians, deacons, priests and bishops, but for all who seek to deepen their relationship with God.
Father Mike Joncas - Composer of On Eagles Wings