- Foreword by Fr. James Martin, SJ
- Written by Deacon Tom Sheridan
- Approaches life as a Catholic with gentle humor
In his foreword to The Third Book of Catholic Jokes Gentle Humor about Aging and Relationships, Fr. James Martin, SJ quotes "when you are deadly serious, you are probably seriously dead" and talks of how being religious is not necessarily being serious. He goes on to show how humor shows up in the story about Jesus and Nathanael. In the Introduction, the author Deacon Tom Sheridan talks about what makes humor "Catholic" which are the traditions, sensitivities and sensibilities of the reader. And he defines jokes as "stories from life that have been re-framed and condensed into nuggets of humor.
So the rest of the book presents these nuggets as found concerning aging and relationships. The jokes are "clean" and involve clergy and laity alike. Along with the jokes are short pithy witticisms about the condition of growing older such as "We don't stop laughing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop laughing. Age seldom arrives smoothly or quickly. It is more often a succession of jerks." Would be a fun birthday gift to give anyone approaching later years in life.
Dimensions & Specifications
- 128 pages
- Measures 6”W x 6-1/2”H
- By Deacon Tom Sheridan
- No known safety hazards when used as intended
- Choose shipping method to fit your needs, Standard if you have no deadline, Expedited to meet deadlines or 3 Day Select.
- St. Patrick's Guild offers Air shipping if orders are placed by 9:00am CST. Choose Next Day or 2nd Day Air
What is your Return & Exchange Policy?
- Within 90 days of purchase date, your product may be returned to St. Patrick's Guild with a receipt for exchange or refund. Items returned for refund are paid back by the same method of payment which you originally used. Items returned without a receipt are credited with store credit. We do not require a return authorization number to process returns.
- To send us a return, simply choose your favorite shipping option. Please enclose a copy of your receipt, the reason for return, and the best phone number or email address at which we can reach you. Once received, your refund is processed immediately.