The Fire Within by Fr. Ron Holheiser
- Explores “desire” as coming from God
- Features an honest look at what many Christians avoid
- Identifies how God is in the fire within
Putting the words God and sex together is difficult for most religious people. Fr. Ron Holheiser, OMI, has authored, The Fire Within, to bring God and sex together with honesty and in a thought-provoking way. Measuring 5”W x 7”H, The Fire Within is a paperback with 112 pages. Therefore, it is short and gets right down to examining personal integrity in many domains of one’s life including sexuality. Fr. Ron has authored many books and has chosen to explore “desire” and how God is within our desires. The Fire Within looks at the origins of desire, its meaning and how it might be generatively channeled.
God is conceived of as holy, pure, sexless, and as morally above the raw desires that so powerfully beset us. Sex, on the other hand, is conceived of as earthy and unholy, something we must snatch, and not without guilt, from the gods. Christianity has struggled mightily with sex; so too have most other religions. And yet when we look at sexual desire and ask where it comes from, there can be only one answer. It comes from God. Sexuality is inside us to help lure us back to God, but dealing with this fire inside us is a lifelong struggle. Ron Rolheiser sheds light on this mystery and the journey it takes us on in these tantalizing fragments that help give us permission to feel what we feel and know that God is still smiling on us.
Dimensions & Specifications
- Measures 5"W x 7"H
- 112 pages
- Written by Fr. Ron Rolheiser, OMI
- No known safety hazards when used appropriately
- Choose shipping method to fit your needs; Standard if you have no deadline, Expedited to meet deadlines or 3 Day Select.
- Patrick's Guild offers Air shipping if orders are placed by 9:00am CST. Choose Next Day or 2nd Day Air
What is your Return & Exchange Policy?
- Within 90 days of purchase date, your product may be returned to St. Patrick's guild with a receipt for exchange or refund. Items returned for refund are paid back by the same method of payment which you originally used. Items returned without a receipt are credited with store credit. We do not require a return authorization number to process returns.
- To send us a return, simply choose your favorite shipping option. Please enclose a copy of your receipt, the reason for return and the best phone number or email address at which we can reach you. Once received, your refund is processed immediately.