- Learn how monastic values support us today
- Features a path to discover the hidden places of the heart
- Perfect for those on the spiritual journey
Finding the Monk Within shows how monasticism originated in response to living in the hidden places of the heart. Edward Sellner, PhD, writes in Finding the Monk Within, “history can help us encounter the living presence of the past, which is, whether we are aware of it or not, affecting us in all sorts of ways.” Sellner firmly believes we all have a memory of the monastic way and are seeking it reestablish the truest values of this tradition in our modern lives. Finding the Monk Within takes us on a pilgrimage through the ages of outstanding figures in Christian monasticism. Sellner believes we can embrace a saint, a book or an icon and experience the power of the past in our present lives.
Finding the Monk Within covers over ten specific historical Christian monastic figures that include Martin of Tours, Augustine and Monica, and Gregory the Great. Each chapter in Finding the Monk Within illuminates the values that the particular historical figure embraced and can be vital in modern times. Different approaches to life, a different set of values, and a return to the “inner person” or the “true self” are available to us especially turning to past models of Christian monastics. Sellner presents a viable pathway to develop this spiritual “fire” within while walking with historical figures of the past.
Dimensions & Specifications
- Measures 5-1/2"W x 8-1/2"H
- 328 pages
- Written by Edward Sellner, PhD, professor at St. Catherine’s College
- No known safety hazards when used appropriately
- Choose shipping method to fit your needs; Standard if you have no deadline, Expedited to meet deadlines or 3 Day Select.
- Patrick's Guild offers Air shipping if orders are placed by 9:00am CST. Choose Next Day or 2nd Day Air
What is your Return & Exchange Policy?
- Within 90 days of purchase date, your product may be returned to St. Patrick's guild with a receipt for exchange or refund. Items returned for refund are paid back by the same method of payment which you originally used. Items returned without a receipt are credited with store credit. We do not require a return authorization number to process returns.
- To send us a return, simply choose your favorite shipping option. Please enclose a copy of your receipt, the reason for return and the best phone number or email address at which we can reach you. Once received, your refund is processed immediately.