San Damiano Crucifix Bronze 11x16IN
- Beautiful San Damiano Crucifix
- Features detailed artistry
- Perfect for any special occasion
This San Damiano crucifix is a stunning crucifix to have on display in your home. The San Damiano crucifix comes from the Veronese Collection of Goldscheider of Austria and is made with the cold cast bronze method while measuring 11 inches across and 16 inches high. It is lightly hand painted giving just a hint of color to the figures presented on the crucifix while outlined in gold. The San Damiano crucifix is an icon crucifix in that it contains other figures, besides Christ, who are related to the crucifixion.
The icon crucifix was used in the 12th century to teach about the crucifixion to people who couldn't read while at the same time strengthening their faith. The San Damiano crucifix includes 5 larger figures which are Mary the mother of Jesus, St. John, Mary Magdelene, Mary the mother of James and the centurion. Smaller figures include the soldier who pierced the side of Jesus, the one who offered him the vinegar wine and many angels overlooking the scene. The San Damiano crucifix has a lot going on within the crucifixion scene presented giving you many different sources and ideas for meditation. The San Damiano crucifix comes securely boxed.
Dimensions & Specifications
- San Damian Crucifix design
- Measures 11”W x 16”H
- Veronese Collection design
- Made from Cold Cast Bronze
- Painted with gold highlights
- Ready to hang
- No known safety hazards at this time
- Choose Store Pick up, Standard (if no deadline), Expedited (to meet deadlines) or 3 Day Express to meet your shipping needs
- Patrick's Guild offers Air shipping if orders are placed by 9:00am CST. Choose Next Day or 2ndDay Air
What is your Return & Exchange policy?
- Within 90 days of purchase date, your product may be returned to St. Patrick's Guild with a receipt for exchange or refund. Items returned for refund are paid back by the same method of payment which you originally used. Items returned without a receipt are credited with store credit. We do not require a return authorization number to process returns.
- To send us a return, simply choose your favorite shipping option. Please enclose a copy of your receipt, the reason for return, and the best phone number or email address at which we can reach you. Once received, your refund is processed immediately.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This was the Crucifix we had been envisioning and searching for - the 3-dimension aspect of the statue of Jesus on the San Damiano cross was hard to find - and this is the perfect size to fit a home environment. My only complaint is that I wish it could have been constructed in the USA or at least any country where we can ensure fair labor laws were intact for those who built this. SPG Comment: Goldscheider of Vienna, the company importing this piece, is concerned about fair labor as well. Here is what is on their website about importing the Veronese Collection from China: "Before Tim's first visit to China and the factory in October of 2009, he like many of our customers was concerned about the work conditions of any of the factories from which Goldscheider might buy in China or the Far East. During this first visit Tim toured the Veronese factory and what he found was that it was very similar to many of the Italian factories that he'd visited for years. It was larger, just as clean and the workers all wore uniform shirts depending on which department they worked. Most of the workers live at the factory and work 5 1/2 days per week. Some even have their spouses and children living with them. They are free to come and go as they like and twice a year they leave for 7-10 days to visit family and friends in their home towns."