8-1/2" San Damiano Crucifix
- San Damiano wall cross
- Icon cross with images from crucifixion and Resurrection
- Ready to hang
The San Damiano wall cross stands out with meaning and unique attributes. This cross is made with a durable stone/resin mix and has an ornate raised border. It is a replica of the cross in front of which St. Francis prayed when he received a message with great responsibility: to rebuild the Church. The original cross of paramount meaning to St. Francis, now hangs in Santa Chiara (St. Claire) Church in Assisi, Italy. Our San Damiano, or Franciscan, cross is also distinctive in that it is an icon cross because it contains images of people who played significant roles involving the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ.
At the top of the cross the hand of God the Father reaches down to welcome the risen Christ into heaven. There are many angels surrounding this little figure of Christ as He goes back to His Father. Behind the extended arms of the central figure of Christ is an outline of his tomb. There are also angels and possibly St. Peter and St. John who ran to the tomb to look for the body of Jesus after He rose from the dead. The larger figures around Christ are, from left to right, the Virgin Mary, St. John the Beloved, St. Mary Magdalene, and Mary Cleopas. There are also two small figures of soldiers. The one on the left is the soldier who pierced Christ's side with a lance and the one on the right is the soldier who offered Christ a sponge soaked in vinegar.
This San Damiano wall cross measures 6-1/2”W x 8-1/4"H x 1/2"D and is embellished with gold foil. This cross would look great anywhere - at home or even at your office! It is made of a resin/stone mix.
Dimensions & Specifications
- San Damiano Wall Cross
- 6-1/2”W x 8-1/4"H x 1/2"D
- Made of durable stone/resin mix
- Gold foil embellishment
- Ready to hang
- No known safety hazards if used as indicated
- Choose shipping method to fit your needs, Standard if you have no deadline, Expedited to meet deadlines or 3 Day Express.
- Patrick's Guild offers Air shipping if orders are placed by 9:00am CST. Choose Next Day or 2ndDay Air
What is your Return & Exchange Policy?
- Within 90 days of purchase date, your product may be returned to St. Patrick's Guild with a receipt for exchange or refund. Items returned for refund are paid back by the same method of payment which you originally used. Items returned without a receipt are credited with store credit. We do not require a return authorization number to process returns.
- To send us a return, simply choose your favorite shipping option. Please enclose a copy of your receipt, the reason for return, and the best phone number or email address at which we can reach you. Once received, your refund is processed immediately.