A Journey to Mount Carmel
- Understand the Brown Scapular in depth
- Learn how to prepare to receive the scapular
- Learn how to live out your baptismal promises
A Journey to Mount Carmel is a book by Fr. Jeffrey Kirby that collects the Church’s best writings on the scapular. A Journey to Mount Carmel focuses on the Brown Scapular which holds a special place in the devotional life of the faithful. The brown scapular is neither jewelry, a sentimental religious article, nor a vain token of superstition. Rather, it is a silent prayer, a gift from our Heavenly Mother that draws us to the Sacred Heart of her Divine Son.
A simple pairing of two pieces of cloth with ribbon, wearing the scapular is a declaration that you have put on Christ and are seeking to follow His way in imitation of Mary, Our Lady of Mount Carmel. A Journey to Mount Carmel seeks to teach readers how to incorporate the brown scapular into your daily faith practice. Because Baptism is foundational to your consecration and commitment to Jesus Christ, Fr. Kirby centers the reflections in A Journey to Mount Carmel on the six baptismal promises in order to heighten and intensify your living out of the baptismal way of life.
A Journey to Mount Carmel grounds you in the spiritual significance of the scapular as a powerful sacramental that draws us closer to the sacraments, especially the Holy Eucharist. A Journey to Mount Carmel explains Our Lady's pivotal role in our salvation from the protoevangelium ("first gospel") in Genesis to the Paschal mystery in the Gospels, and he reveals the depths of God the Father's healing love for you and the maternal intercession of Mary in your life. From there you will grasp the protection and blessing Our Blessed Mother offers through the scapular.
Each chapter comprises three parts: preparation, with opening prayers and goals; teachings, which include a compelling real-world story with catechesis and reflection questions; and spiritual exercises, which include a brief reflection about a saint, a guided Lectio Divina meditation, a Rosary meditation, an examination of conscience, and more!
A Journey to Mount Carmel breaks open wisdom from the Bible, Tradition, and the Catechism of the Catholic Church, so you learn:
- How to grow in Christian discipleship, live as a "small Christ," and press on toward eternal glory
- Why Carmelite spirituality opens your heart to spiritual freedom and the gift of contemplation
- Ways to nurture the gift of sanctifying grace in your life and actively listen to God
- How to triumph over concupiscence and find rest from the battle by creating "a Carmel within"
Dimensions & Specifications
- Measures 5-3/4”W x 8-3/4”H
- 173 Pages
- Written by Jeffery Kirby
- No known safety hazards when used for designed purposes
- Choose Store Pick up, Standard (if no deadline), Expedited (to meet deadlines) or 3 Day Select to meet your shipping needs
- Patrick's Guild offers Air shipping if orders are placed by 9:00am CST. Choose Next Day or 2nd Day Air
What is your Return & Exchange policy?
- Within 90 days of purchase date, your product may be returned to St. Patrick's Guild with a receipt for exchange or refund. Items returned for refund are paid back by the same method of payment which you originally used. Items returned without a receipt are credited with store credit. We do not require a return authorization number to process returns.
- To send us a return, simply choose your favorite shipping option. Please enclose a copy of your receipt, the reason for return, and the best phone number or email address at which we can reach you. Once received, your refund is processed immediately.