The Flowing Grace of Now
- Weekly Reflections revealing your Spiritual Teachers
- Designed to companion you through an entire year
- Discover the Grace in your life already
In The Flowing Grace of Now, St. Macrina Wiederkehr’s first book in almost a decade, you find weekly reflections that reveal the spiritual teachers at work in your life, inviting you to listen to these teachers and learn from their wisdom. “There is an old proverb that says, ‘When the student is ready the teacher will arrive.’ I think I have been ready for a long time, yet perhaps I have spent too much time looking for the perfect teacher rather than seeing the teachers that arrive in unexpected ways.” With these words, retreat guide and author Sr. Macrina Wiederkehr begins The Flowing Grace of Now, a year-long companion that ushers you into the presence of teachers already at work in your life. These are teachers intent on helping you deepen your faith.
The Flowing Grace of Now shows that these teachers are not necessarily saints, writers, or theologians, but rather ordinary people, events, and experiences whose presence already permeates your life. These include:
- biblical characters,
- day and night,
- the virtues, and
- joy in another person’s good fortune.
These, Wiederkehr suggests, are the kind of teachers who are the result of the flow of grace in your life. The Flowing Grace of Now encourages you to become aware of how they are at work in you and what you might learn from them. Each reflection begins with a scripture text leading you into the spirit of the week. A brief meditation on this scripture serves as a catalyst for the Word to take root in your heart and a closing prayer sums up the week. A teacher is suggested for you. The final quotation from a spiritual writer contains the spirit of your teacher and can assist you in embracing the wisdom of that teacher. Using The Flowing Grace of Now as a year-long weekly guide can be an enriching opportunity to deepen and transform your faith life.
Dimensions & Specifications
- Measures 5”W x 7”H
- 256 pages
- By Sr. Macrina Wiederkehr
- No known safety hazards when used as intended
- Choose shipping method to fit your needs, Standard if you have no deadline, Expedited to meet deadlines or 3 Day Express.
- Patrick's Guild offers Air shipping if orders are placed by 9:00am CST. Choose Next Day or 2ndDay Air
What is your Return & Exchange Policy?
- Within 90 days of purchase date, your product may be returned to St. Patrick's Guild with a receipt for exchange or refund. Items returned for refund are paid back by the same method of payment which you originally used. Items returned without a receipt are credited with store credit. We do not require a return authorization number to process returns.
- To send us a return, simply choose your favorite shipping option. Please enclose a copy of your receipt, the reason for return, and the best phone number or email address at which we can reach you. Once received, your refund is processed immediately.