Tattoos On The Heart
- Learn the power of boundless compassion
- Explores finding joy by loving others & being loved unconditionally
- Expand your heart with unique essays on working in the ghetto of L.A.
Tattoos on the Heart: The Power of Boundless Compassion is a book revealing the heart of Fr. Gregory Boyle’s gang-prevention program. For twenty years, Gregory Boyle has run Homeboy Industries, a gang-intervention program located in the Boyle Heights neighborhood of Los Angeles, the gang capital of the world. In Tattoos on the Heart, he distills his experience working in the ghetto into a breathtaking series of parables inspired by faith.
Tattoos on the Heart is arranged by theme and filled with sparkling humor and glowing generosity. The essays in Tatoos on the Heart offer a stirring look at how full our lives could be if we could find the joy in loving others and in being loved unconditionally. From giant, tattooed Cesar, shopping at JCPenney fresh out of prison, we learn how to feel worthy of God's love. From ten-year-old Lula we learn the importance of being known and acknowledged. From Pedro we understand the kind of patience necessary to rescue someone from the darkness. In each chapter within Tattoos on the Heart, we benefit from Boyle’s gentle, hard-earned wisdom.
Tattoos on the Heart essays about universal kinship and redemption are moving examples of the power of unconditional love and the importance of fighting despair. Gorgeous and uplifting, Tattoos on the Heart reminds us that no life is less valuable than another.
Dimensions & Specifications
- Measures 5.5”W x 8.4”H
- 240 pages
- By Fr. Greg Boyle
- No known safety hazards when used as intended
- Choose shipping method to fit your needs, Standard if you have no deadline, Expedited to meet deadlines or 3 Day Express.
- Patrick's Guild offers Air shipping if orders are placed by 9:00am CST. Choose Next Day or 2ndDay Air
What is your Return & Exchange Policy?
- Within 90 days of purchase date, your product may be returned to St. Patrick's Guild with a receipt for exchange or refund. Items returned for refund are paid back by the same method of payment which you originally used. Items returned without a receipt are credited with store credit. We do not require a return authorization number to process returns.
- To send us a return, simply choose your favorite shipping option. Please enclose a copy of your receipt, the reason for return, and the best phone number or email address at which we can reach you. Once received, your refund is processed immediately.