- Patron Saint of the homeless, missions & more
- The medal design commemorates 1400th anniversary of St. Benedict’s birth
- Quality religious jewelry piece
St. Benedict is the patron saint of a happy death, monks, missions, the homeless, monastics, and poisoning. His feast day is celebrated each year on April 16. This St. Benedict medal is sterling silver and about the size of a quarter. The front of the saint medal depicts St. Benedict holding the cross in his right hand. In his left hand is the copy of the book the 'Rule of Benedict' by which he founded Western monasticism. To the right of Benedict is the poisoned cup, shattered when he made the sign of the cross over it.
On the left, a raven about to carry away a poisoned bread that a jealous enemy had sent to St. Benedict. In small letters above the cup and raven are the Latin words, 'Crux s. patris Benedicti', meaning 'the Cross of our holy father Benedict'. Encircling Benedict are the words, 'Eius in obitu nostro praesentia muniamur' (May we be strengthened by his presence in the hour of our death). Below Benedict, ex MS Casino MDCCCLXXX (from holy Monte Cassino, 1880), which is the year the medal was created to commemorate the 1400th anniversary of Benedict's birth. On the back of the medal is the typical depiction of a cross, the word 'Pax,' meaning 'peace,' and the first letter of each word from a prayer of exorcism. The St. Benedict medal comes on a 24 inch endless chain, packaged in a green velvet textured gift box.
Dimensions & Specifications
- Measures 3/4”
- Sterling Silver
- 2-sided design
- 24” endless chain
- Gift box
- No known safety hazards if used as indicated
- Choose shipping method to fit your needs, Standard if you have no deadline, Expedited to meet deadlines or 3 Day Select.
- St. Patrick's Guild offers Air shipping if orders are placed by 9:00am CST. Choose Next Day or 2nd Day Air
What is your Return & Exchange Policy?
- Within 90 days of purchase date, your product may be returned to St. Patrick's Guild with a receipt for exchange or refund. Items returned for refund are paid back by the same method of payment which you originally used. Items returned without a receipt are credited with store credit. We do not require a return authorization number to process returns.
- To send us a return, simply choose your favorite shipping option. Please enclose a copy of your receipt, the reason for return, and the best phone number or email address at which we can reach you. Once received, your refund is processed immediately.