San Damiano Cross 17-3/4In
- Large size of the beloved San Damiano Cross
- Inspired by the original cross now in Santa Chiarra Church in Assisi
- Beautiful detailing
The San Damiano wall cross stands out with meaning and unique attributes. This is a replica of the cross in front of which St. Francis prayed when he received a message with great responsibility: to rebuild the Church. The original cross now hangs in Santa Chiarra (St. Claire) Church in Assisi, Italy. This San Damiano, or Franciscan, cross is also distinctive in that it is called an icon cross because it contains images of people who have a part in the meaning of the cross.
This figure of Christ in this wall cross is not the body of a corpse, but of God Himself. He will never perish and He radiates with the hope of the Resurrection. Above His head is a portrayal of the Ascension: A host of angels welcome Him into heaven, with God the Father's right hand extended in benediction. The angels on the sides of the cross gaze in awe upon the Divine Sacrifice. To the left of the central Christ figure is the Holy Mother and St. John the Evangelist standing at the foot of the cross. The Centurion is holding a piece of wood, indicating his building of the synagogue (Luke 7:1-10). The small boy behind the Centurion is his son who Jesus had at one time healed. In the lower right and left-hand corners of this scene are small figures of the Roman soldier Longinus holding the lance that pierced Jesus' side, and the Jewish temple guard Stephaton that holds a stick with a vinegar-soaked sponge. On the right side border of the cross is a rooster which signifies Peter's denial of Jesus. Under the central Christ figure are the four most beloved saints of the Franciscan order: St. Francis, St. Claire, St. Anthony of Padua, and St. Bonaventure.
This San Damiano wall cross would be a great addition to any room. The story that is told within the cross with pictures is truly spectacular and will evoke conversation in your home. This San Damiano cross will make an exquisite gift for all your religious loved ones. The San Damiano wall cross measures 17-3/4 inches high. This cross is the largest size of this particular style and it would make a stunning religious decoration inside your church's chapel. Made of a resin/stone mix.
Dimensions & Specifications
- Measures 13-1/4”W x 17-3/4”H
- Made of a Resin/Stone Mix
- Ready to hang
- Gift Boxed
- No known safety hazards if used as indicated
- ∗∗∗Shipping Alert∗∗∗ Due to the size/weight of this item there is an Additional Shipping Charge This charge is automatically reflected in your
total shipping amount on the Checkout page. NOTE: Air Shipments may be higher than what shows on the Checkout page. You will be contacted if this is the situation.
- Choose shipping method to fit your needs, Standard if you have no deadline, Expedited to meet deadlines or 3 Day Select.
- Patrick's Guild offers Air shipping if orders are placed by 9:00am CST. Choose Next Day or 2nd Day Air
What is your Return & Exchange Policy?
- Within 90 days of purchase date, your product may be returned to St. Patrick's Guild with a receipt for exchange or refund. Items returned for refund are paid back by the same method of payment which you originally used. Items returned without a receipt are credited with store credit. We do not require a return authorization number to process returns.
- To send us a return, simply choose your favorite shipping option. Please enclose a copy of your receipt, the reason for return, and the best phone number or email address at which we can reach you. Once received, your refund is processed immediately.