Prayers for a Priviliged People
- Prayers to address the Hearts of Privileged People
- Beautiful collection of poetic & prophetic prayers
- Inspiring content from Walter Brueggemann
Address the challenge of being Christian and people of privilege and entitlement with Prayers for a Privileged People. Written by Walter Brueggemann, the highly published author creates a collection of poetic and prophetic prayers during this urgent societal moment. Brueggemann address through prayer the face of privilege. On the one hand we have the seduction of denial and on the other we face the temptation of despair. The power of the prayers in Prayers for a Privileged People guide us when things go wrong and we are feeling afraid, and when we are prodded by those who are denied a voice, that there is a conversation to have. This conversation takes place among the promises and commands of God.
Prayers for a Privileged People is a paperback book with 183 pages and measures 5-1/2”W x 8-1/2”H. Customers remark that these are prayers to be mulled over and be challenged by. Many have not seen this side of Brueggemann in past writings of his Scripture studies. Prayers for a Privileged People uses modern and up-to-date language to help us understand how the prayers are relevant for today’s time of change. The prayers are generally a page or so in length and organized into 6 sections designed to: Open the heart, Arrange our lives, Address the world not being safe, Brick production, addressing the risk factor, and ends with “Choirs of hope.”
Dimensions & Specifications
- 183 pages
- Author Walter Brueggemann
- Collection of prayers that address the experience of privilege within a Christian perspective
- No known safety hazards when used appropriately
- Choose shipping method to fit your needs, Standard if you have no deadline, Expedited to meet deadlines or 3 Day Express.
- Patrick's Guild offers Air shipping if orders are placed by 9:00am CST. Choose Next Day or 2nd Day Air
What is your Return & Exchange Policy?
- Within 90 days of purchase date, your product may be returned to St. Patrick's Guild with a receipt for exchange or refund. Items returned for refund are paid back by the same method of payment which you originally used. Items returned without a receipt are credited with store credit. We do not require a return authorization number to process returns.
- To send us a return, simply choose your favorite shipping option. Please enclose a copy of your receipt, the reason for return, and the best phone number or email address at which we can reach you. Once received, your refund is processed immediately