- A guide for moving through grief
- Perfect for children and all ages
- Stunning picture book illustrations
While My Favorite Color is Blue. Sometimes. is designed as a picture book for children, all ages benefit from the book. Written and illustrated by Richard Hutchison, My Favorite Color is Blue. Sometimes. guides the reader through a journey of different emotions and reactions in relation to grieving. Hutchison was inspired to create My Favorite Color is Blue. Sometimes. after having the privilege of painting with the children who witnessed the tragic event of the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School. This experience profoundly affected him and convinced him to be of service to those who grieve with his writing and art.
My Favorite Color is Blue. Sometimes. is unique because it allows the reader to feel the whole-body experience of grief and trauma rather simply try to explain these embodied feelings. The text and illustrations guide readers of all ages through shock, tears, anger, and hope. The imagery created by Hutchison is a feast for the eyes, heart, and soul. A healing alchemy of prayer occurs as the reader spends time with My Favorite Color is Blue. Sometimes. Hospice workers have found this book extremely helpful as loved ones walk through the grief of letting go. Vivid artwork gently ignites the poetic verse to explore the spectrum of emotions grieving children, youth, and adults all experience.
Dimensions & Specifications
- 8”W x 8”H
- 32 pages
- Color illustrations
- Written by Roger Hutchison
- Appropriate for children and all ages
- No known safety hazards if used as indicated
- Choose shipping method to fit your needs, Standard if you have no deadline, Expedited to meet deadlines or 3 Day Select.
- Patrick's Guild offers Air shipping if orders are placed by 9:00am CST. Choose Next Day or 2ndDay Air
What is your Return & Exchange Policy?
- Within 90 days of purchase date, your product may be returned to St. Patrick's Guild with a receipt for exchange or refund. Items returned for refund are paid back by the same method of payment which you originally used. Items returned without a receipt are credited with store credit. We do not require a return authorization number to process returns.
- To send us a return, simply choose your favorite shipping option. Please enclose a copy of your receipt, the reason for return, and the best phone number or email address at which we can reach you. Once received, your refund is processed immediately.