Man Who Was Thursday Chesterton, G K
- True Christian Classic
- Perfect gift for all Christians
- K. Chesterton’s greatest novel
Chesterton's book The Man Who Was Thursday is an interesting study on two great theological mysteries which are the freedom of will and the existence of irrational evil. The Man Who Was Thursday looks at the idea presented by St. Augustine and many other theologians of all faiths that "man's freedom to do evil things is the price we pay for freedom". Helpful aides to reading The Man Who Was Thursday are the introduction in the front which analyzes and explains some parts and characters of the book, the annotations by Martin Gardner which give further explanation and the appendix in the back which has comments from Chesterton himself. Many consider The Man Who Was Thursday to be one of Chesterton's best novels and critics say Gardner has made it possible for readers to study and enjoy this great work in a whole new way.
This edition of Chesterton's masterpiece and most famous novel, The Man Who Was Thursday, explicates and enriches the complete text with extensive footnotes. Martin Gardner sees the novel's anarchists as symbols of our God-given free will, and the mysterious Sunday as representing Nature, with its strange mixture of good and evil when considered as distinct from God, as a mask hiding the transcendental face of the creator. The Man Who Was Thursday also includes a bibliography listing the novel's many earlier editions and stage dramatizations, as well as numerous illustrations that further illuminate the text.
Dimensions & Specifications
- 289 pages
- Measures 5”W x 8”H
- By St. Augustine
- No known safety hazard
- Choose shipping method to fit your needs, Standard if you have no deadline, Expedited to meet deadlines or 3 Day Express.
- Patrick’s Guild offers Air shipping if orders are placed by 9:00am CST. Choose Next Day or 2ndDay Air
What is your Return & Exchange Policy?
- Within 90 days of purchase date, your product may be returned to St. Patrick’s Guild with a receipt for exchange or refund. Items returned for refund are paid back by the same method of payment which you originally used. Items returned without a receipt are credited with store credit. We do not require a return authorization number to process returns.
- To send us a return, simply choose your favorite shipping option. Please enclose a copy of your receipt, the reason for return, and the best phone number or email address at which we can reach you. Once received, your refund is processed immediately