- Walk your talk of Irish Pride
- One of our most popular Irish items
- Perfect year-round unique Irish gift
- Authentic Irish Blackthorn walking stick
If you enjoy leisure walking, hiking or perhaps collecting unusual authentic Irish goods, then check out this Irish blackthorn walking stick! Handcrafted and cut from the Blackthorn bush that grows in the hedgerows all over Ireland, each stick has a unique shape and handle. We import them from an Irish-family owned business that partners with an Irishman who's made them for over 50 years! Sticks are cut and left to dry (season) for about 10-12 weeks. If any small cracks happen to appear, they are filled with wood filler. The handle is actually the root of the Blackthorn bush that is carved and varnished after the tenacious thorns on the shank are trimmed and rounded off. A protective coating of black enamel is then applied over the entire Irish Blackthorn walking stick shank with an application of a copper ferrule on the end's tip. Being a little crooked and knobby gives each of them a distinctive character, but they are not recommended for orthopedic use nor serve as fancy canes.
One of the best features of this Blackthorn walking stick from Ireland is that no matter how slender it is, it is strong and virtually unbreakable, yet they are hefty, but not too lightweight. This makes them ideal for walking, hiking and keeping overactive leprechauns at bay. Each Irish Blackthorn walking stick is cut in the dead of winter when the sap is no longer running in the wood. Get the best - a real Blackthorn walking stick from Ireland made in the traditional manner from renewable sources. Every handsome stick varies in length ranging from 34" - 37" and sometimes up to 38" long.
Irish Blackthorn Walking Stick: Length varies per walking stick ranging from 35"-38" long; No 2 handles or walking sticks are the same; Handcrafted in Ireland; Due to the length of this item, there is an additional shipping charge (see details below).
Dimensions & Specifications
- Length varies anywhere from 35" to 38"
- No two Blackthorn Walking sticks look alike
- Authentic Irish Blackthorn Walking Stick made from the wood of the Blackthorn bush
- Black enamel coating with copper wrapped tip
- Gathered from renewable sources and created in the traditional methods
- While the Blackthorn bush thorns have been cut back and rounded off, we still recommend caution with use
- Not for orthopedic use
- Not a replacement for official walking canes
- Due to the length of this item, an additional shipping fee applies. This fee is reflected automatically in your total shipping amounts that you select from on the Checkout page. NOTE: Air Shipments may be higher than what shows on the Checkout page. You will be contacted if this is the situation.
- Choose Store Pick up, Standard (if no deadline), Expedited (to meet deadlines) or 3 Day Select to meet your shipping needs
- St. Patrick's Guild offers Air shipping if orders are placed by 9:00am CST. Choose Next Day or 2nd Day Air
What is your Return & Exchange policy?
- Within 90 days of purchase date, your product may be returned to St. Patrick's Guild with a receipt for exchange or refund. Items returned for refund are paid back by the same method of payment which you originally used. Items returned without a receipt are credited with store credit. We do not require a return authorization number to process returns.
- To send us a return, simply choose your favorite shipping option. Please enclose a copy of your receipt, the reason for return, and the best phone number or email address at which we can reach you. Once received, your refund is processed immediately.
9 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Do you sell rubber tips? Would make it a little quieter!
It's fantastic. Light weight but strong. I take it everywhere.
I specified that the stick be cut to 32” in length. It finally arrived but was 37” long. It is too long for me to use. Why have a provision for detailing instructions when they are ignored?
My Scotch/Irish heritage wife loves her new birthday present. Quality item, great service, & very fast shipping.
I am not giving you a rating because of my shipping. I still haven’t received my package even though it’s been sitting in Rochester since last week. Very disappointed
When searching for something with a bit of CLASS to replace the generic adjustable aluminium cane that the hospital sent me home with, I fell in love with this item.
While they clearly stated that the product was not rated for use as a cane, I am using mine to steady myself when needed.
At nearly 38" tall X 1" diameter it's very sturdy and the Root handle is comfortable to hold.
I was looking for a new cane and was fortunate to find these.
I called Irish Indeed and talked to a nice lady by the name of Sarah and asked for her help in finding one of the right dimensions and shape to fit my needs..
When Sarah found that they did not have an item that matched my requirements in stock, she offered to special order one for me.
Much to my surprise, my new cane arrived in two business days after I ordered it and it fit my specifications to the l
I am more than satisfied with my purchase and I highly recommend to others
I have purchased an Irish Blackthorn Walking Stick from St Patrick's Guild and it is quite good. The knob is a lovely shape nice in the hand and the black epoxy coating is well applied. Naturally, as we all know, each is unique and will be the special shape that mother nature and the crafts-person have teamed up to create. I am aware that there are many fake, flimsy, poorly wrought and wrong wood species versions that one can buy online. St Patrick's Guild sent me a good one, and I will use it well.
5 star I paid more for a bid cane and doesn't come close to the one I bought from these people