Funeral Homilies Edited by Liam Swords
- Offers words to use at a time of grief
- Great resource for funeral homily preparation
- Includes reflections on lectionary readings and more
Funeral Homilies is designed to be a preaching resource for any preacher who may not have a lot of time to prepare for a funeral. Edited by Liam Swords, the book contains reflections from theologians, liturgists, scripture scholars and others to give the preacher words to use at this time of grief. Many times the preacher may have little time to prepare so these reflections will give words to use or ideas upon which to build so a meaningful homily can be presented.
The reflections in Funeral Homilies are based on lectionary readings and these reading are found at the top of each reflection. There are reflections for seven different occasions including the death of a parent, a young person, a single person, a tragic death, death after a long illness, a handicapped person, or an elderly person so the one giving the homily has a wide selection of thoughts and ideas from which to choose. Each chapter in Funeral Homilies also ends with a list of alternative Scripture readings which may be used, and which give the preacher more ideas to use to prepare for this most difficult and challenging task. Funeral Homilies is a good resource to have on hand in any parish office.
Dimensions & Specifications
- Funeral Homilies
- 160 pages
- Measures 5-1/2”W x 8-1/2”H
- Edited by Liam Swords
- No known safety hazards when used appropriately
- Choose shipping method to fit your needs, Standard if you have no deadline, Expedited to meet deadlines or 3 Day Express.
- Patrick's Guild offers Air shipping if orders are placed by 9:00am CST. Choose Next Day or 2ndDay Air
What is your Return & Exchange Policy?
- Within 90 days of purchase date, your non-personalized product may be returned to St. Patrick's Guild with a receipt for exchange or refund. Items returned for refund are paid back by the same method of payment which you originally used. Items returned without a receipt are credited with store credit. We do not require a return authorization number to process returns.
- To send us a return, simply choose your favorite shipping option. Please enclose a copy of your receipt, the reason for return, and the best phone number or email address at which we can reach you. Once received, your refund is processed immediately.