- Book about saints and drinks that can be associated with them
- Fun recipes presented with humor
- Unique facts about saints and regions from which they came
Drinking With the Saints The Sinner's Guide to a Holy Happy Hour is not your typical saints book. It does have 365 days with information about a saint for each day. Within that information though, Michael P. Foley the author includes further information about other "spirits". Facts are given about the life of the saint but then further information is given about a drink that can be related to an attribute of the saint or that comes from the region to which the saint is associated.
For example, the Dominicans were often called the "Hounds of the Lord" so information about the Dominicans is given along with the recipe for a drink called Master of the Hounds and one called Black Friars. July 8th is the date for St. Killian of Wurzburg so Killian's Red Ale is the suggested beer. The book is written with a lot of interesting information and a great sense of humor. As the author says "I am in accord with G. K. Chesterton, who is said to have converted to Catholicism because it was the only religion that could reconcile the pipe, the pint, and the Cross." Drinking With the Saints is a fun book to read and the combination of "saintly" information with the "spirits" information is delightful.
Dimensions & Specifications
- Drinking With the Saints
- Michael Foley
- 487 PGS
- No known safety hazards
- Choose shipping method to fit your needs, Standard if you have no deadline, Expedited to meet deadlines or 3 Day Select.
- St. Patrick's Guild offers Air shipping if orders are placed by 9:00am CST. Choose Next Day or 2nd Day Air
What is your Return & Exchange Policy?
- Within 90 days of purchase date, your product may be returned to St. Patrick's Guild with a receipt for exchange or refund. Items returned for refund are paid back by the same method of payment which you originally used. Items returned without a receipt are credited with store credit. We do not require a return authorization number to process returns.
- To send us a return, simply choose your favorite shipping option. Please enclose a copy of your receipt, the reason for return, and the best phone number or email address at which we can reach you. Once received, your refund is processed immediately.