Deacon Reader Edited By James Keaton
- Essays by deacons for deacons
- Historical, diaconal identity, and sociological topics are addressed
- Epilogue suggests future directions for the diaconate
With essays by deacons for deacons, The Deacon Reader is an important resource for those who feel they are being called to this field of service. Edited by James Keating, a deacon himself, The Deacon Reader explains exactly what a deacon is, why this vocation is important and ways for a deacon to make this service the best it can be both for the deacon himself and for those he is serving.
The Deacon Reader is divided into three sections. The first section discusses the historical and theological matter of the deacon's identity. Part Two looks at how diaconal identity relates to pastoral activity and relationships while Part Three has sociological chapters on marriage and the diaconate since these areas intertwine in the life of many deacons. An Epilogue has further reflections in summary and suggests future directions for the diaconate. Keating feels The Deacon Reader is important to use on an individual level or for classroom discussion to deepen the knowledge and appreciation for the service presented by deacons as they answer the call to service that they have received from Christ.
Dimensions & Specifications
- The Deacon Reader
- 304 pages
- Measures 6.13”W x 9.08”H
- Edited by James Keating
- No known safety hazards when used appropriately
- Choose shipping method to fit your needs, Standard if you have no deadline, Expedited to meet deadlines or 3 Day Express.
- Patrick's Guild offers Air shipping if orders are placed by 9:00am CST. Choose Next Day or 2ndDay Air
What is your Return & Exchange Policy?
- Within 90 days of purchase date, your non-personalized product may be returned to St. Patrick's Guild with a receipt for exchange or refund. Items returned for refund are paid back by the same method of payment which you originally used. Items returned without a receipt are credited with store credit. We do not require a return authorization number to process returns.
- To send us a return, simply choose your favorite shipping option. Please enclose a copy of your receipt, the reason for return, and the best phone number or email address at which we can reach you. Once received, your refund is processed immediately.