- By popular author Richard Rohr
- Explores combining human action from a contemplative center
- Live each day in a prayerful stance
Dancing Standing Still is a revised edition of Richard Rohr's book A Lever and a Place to Stand. The title refers in part to the opening statement of the book which reads "I believe that the combination of human action from a contemplative center is the greatest art form". How to see, not what to see, should be the early form of spiritual teaching. Thus some questions that should be asked are "How can I see and use my actions and my reflections to expand and not to contract? How can I listen for God and learn God's voice (which is much more important than knowing God's precise name and plan)".
Dancing Standing Still talks about the role of ego in resisting change and how each of us has a "lever" that we can use to change the world if we get ego out of the way. The lever suggested here is combining contemplative prayer with action as seen through the lens of both/and rather than either/or. We have to practically apply what is discerned in contemplation or the whole exercise could be meaningless or useless. "Rohr invites us to move outward in compassion from a prayerful stance".
Dimensions & Specifications
- 112 pages
- Measures 5-1/4”W x 8-3/4”H
- Written by Richard Rohr
- No known safety hazards when used as intended
- Choose shipping method to fit your needs, Standard if you have no deadline, Expedited to meet deadlines or 3 Day Select.
- St. Patrick's Guild offers Air shipping if orders are placed by 9:00am CST. Choose Next Day or 2nd Day Air
What is your Return & Exchange Policy?
- Within 90 days of purchase date, your product may be returned to St. Patrick's Guild with a receipt for exchange or refund. Items returned for refund are paid back by the same method of payment which you originally used. Items returned without a receipt are credited with store credit. We do not require a return authorization number to process returns.
- To send us a return, simply choose your favorite shipping option. Please enclose a copy of your receipt, the reason for return, and the best phone number or email address at which we can reach you. Once received, your refund is processed immediately.