- City of God
- Classic work of St. Augustine
- Written as a defense of the faith
City of God, one of the great theological works of St. Augustine, is considered to be one of the most influential documents in the development of Christianity. It contains his reflections over the course of his lifetime on questions relevant to people of any age such as does life have a purpose and was written as a defense of the faith at the time when the Roman Empire was on the brink of collapse. City of God examines the ancient religions of Rome, the arguments of the Greek philosophers and the revelations of the Bible.
The new Introduction gives information about the life of St. Augustine, how and where he came to write the book and insights into some of the ideas found in the writings. City of God is divided into five parts with a number of books (or chapters) in each part. In Arrangement and Contents of City of God a brief explanation is given about each book so a reader can either read the book in the order as presented or go to a specific area in which he or she may be interested. Helpful to the reader are the Chronology, Index and Bibliography.
Dimensions & Specifications
- City of God
- Classic book by St. Augustine
- 1097 PGS
- No known safety hazards if used as indicated
- Choose shipping method to fit your needs, Standard if you have no deadline, Expedited to meet deadlines or 3 Day Select.
- St. Patrick's Guild offers Air shipping if orders are placed by 9:00am CST. Choose Next Day or 2nd Day Air
What is your Return & Exchange Policy?
- Within 90 days of purchase date, your product may be returned to St. Patrick's Guild with a receipt for exchange or refund. Items returned for refund are paid back by the same method of payment which you originally used. Items returned without a receipt are credited with store credit. We do not require a return authorization number to process returns.
- To send us a return, simply choose your favorite shipping option. Please enclose a copy of your receipt, the reason for return, and the best phone number or email address at which we can reach you. Once received, your refund is processed immediately.