A Declaration of Dependence
- How to examine your conscience
- Provides clarity amid propagandist lies
- Be reminded what kills the soul more than the body
A Declaration of Dependence: Trusting God Amidst Totalitarianism, Paganism, and War by Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen reveals the shocking truth you need to know in a world riddled by irrationality, emotionalism, and violence. Religion is under attack, whether from totalitarian governments or modern education. A Declaration of Dependence shows our tacit submission to politics, “freedom,” and science has made us slaves to a diabolical New Atheism and fear.
With his prescient wit, wisdom, and fervor, A Declaration of Dependence provides clarity amid propagandist lies and pagan societies united in purpose to destroy. Archbishop Sheen reminds us why we must fear what kills the soul more than what kills the body. He exposes the false prophets and philosophies at work in the world and the many “believers” who no longer worship or act in accordance with their beliefs.
Archbishop Sheen masterfully decries the divisions and hatreds in America, explaining how we have turned from God and are on the precipice, that there is “too much tolerance of evil and not enough intolerance of injustice.” The chastisements the world is facing, he declares, are a consequence of its sins; they are the result of our abandonment of God, our idolatry; and man's attempts to replace God serve only to show that the world is devoid of goodness without His presence.
By declaring ourselves independent of God, we have brought down His wrath and made ourselves slaves to the world, the flesh, and the devil. Archbishop Sheen invites us to examine our consciences to see how we have, in fact, caused the wars in the world.
By reading A Declaration of Dependence, you will see how “isms” control people where the seeds have been planted for them to be controlled. You will learn how, throughout history, God punishes to destroy evil and, at the same time, to heal His sons from their sins. In addition, you will absorb the future saint's teachings on:
- The presence of the Antichrist in history
- The cause of war — whether or not it is just — and where its greatest tragedy lies
- How to truly fight for peace, justice, and unity in our country and among nations
- The standard to which all Christians should hold themselves
- Why the Church is opposed to extreme militarism and pacifism
- Why those without conscience persecute those with conscience
Best of all, Archbishop Sheen explains how God's wrath is not capricious but is a consequence of our actions, how He is good and loving and will not let us drown in our sins, and how the key to our restoration — repentance — is readily in our grasp.
Dimensions & Specifications
- 144 pages
- Written by Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen
- Measures 5-1/2”W x 8-1/2”H
- No known safety hazards
- Choose shipping method to fit your needs, Standard if you have no deadline, Expedited to meet deadlines or 3 Day Select.
- Patrick's Guild offers Air shipping if orders are placed by 9:00am CST. Choose Next Day or 2ndDay Air
What is your Return & Exchange Policy?
- Within 90 days of purchase date, your product may be returned to St. Patrick's Guild with a receipt for exchange or refund. Items returned for refund are paid back by the same method of payment which you originally used. Items returned without a receipt are credited with store credit. We do not require a return authorization number to process returns.
- To send us a return, simply choose your favorite shipping option. Please enclose a copy of your receipt, the reason for return, and the best phone number or email address at which we can reach you. Once received, your refund is processed immediately.